Saturday, January 21, 2012

And away we go...

For as long as I can remember, I've loved making new stuff out of old things. When I was little, my Daddy's junk pile became a jackpot for my creative endeavors. As I got older, I admired the random oddities hanging from the roof of my grandparent's pavilion. My mind wondered where they came from and the stories they could tell.

Now, I am a new home-owner and I decided that I would fill my home with those stories. Over the last year and a half, I have searched local antique shops, yard sales, and family barns for "antiques" to make my house a home. I actually started a blog the summer after I bought my house, even naming it "Home Sweet Home." Real original...perhaps that's why it never got the first post from me. :) My plan was to blog about the treasures I found, tell of the struggles of being a young home-owner, and share pictures of things I had made.

Here I am, almost a year and a half later and ready to tell my story. But I think I will put a twist on this blog attempt...I am going to tell you how I made my house the precious home that I love, but also share a little bit about me and my plan for the future.
And away we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment